Tay and Co: Pink Sunday Experience

Pink Sunday Experience

So for the past few days I have been obsessed with the hashtag #LillyforTarget. The mix of tweets and Instagram posts are insane! From a marketing perspective it was genius. Did anyone else notice that Lilly released their summer line on Monday, the day after their Lilly for Target launch? They got the buzz they needed right? I mean I guarantee a person not in their regular customer group was more likely to go to their site to check out "real Lilly" after the shopping frenzy that occurred on Sunday!

My Sunday went a little like this... in the early AM hours I was on the Target website endlessly refreshing. They announced the line would release between midnight and 2am. Around 1:30 I was still up so I decided why not? Can't hurt to wait 30 minutes. At 2am, they announced that it would be another hour before the site was up. By 3:30am I was able to start adding items to my cart. But after 15 minutes of trying to check out it wasn't working so I decided to cut my losses and get some sleep.

By 7am I was up rushing around to get over to Target. I figured at 7:30 I would drive by to see if there was a line. I honestly thought there wouldn't be one and that I was being crazy about the whole thing! Well, there was a line formed at the door so I quickly jumped out of my car and got into the group. I was talking to the girl behind me and we were both shocked at the line at this particular Target. I mean I knew people that I was friends with liked Lilly, but I didn't realize it was such a huge deal in Pittsburgh too. Or everywhere for that matter. My new Lilly friend and I made a deal that if either of us saw the coffee mugs first to snag them for each other.

At 8am people started to rush inside. I honestly think I was in shock. I wasn't expecting it to be such a mad dash. By the time I got to the rack most of the shifts were already off the hangers.. so I grabbed what I could in my size and made a run for the home section. I got to that section before the big group, so I instantly grabbed the mugs and pineapple dish. I also snagged a pillow and tote bag. At this point everything was flying off the shelves.

I literally checked out and was back at my apartment by 8:15am! The whole experience was actually kinda fun! I definitely was one of the lucky ones!!

If you don't follow me already check out the pictures I posted on Instagram (@Tay.andCo) of my purchases!

What did you manage to snag on Sunday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment